The aim of this training is to inform the participants about the requirements for soldering electronic assemblies. The standard deals with how to set up a production environment and select technology for manual soldering. The training includes practical exercises (a total 12 hours on theory, 10 hours of practical exercises, 1 hour for the final test).
The complete training is 3 days long, also with the final exam.
Number of participants: maximum 12
- Basic information about IPC and the certified programmes
- Handling of assemblies and ESD
- Material, components, and aids
- Requirements for the soldered joints
- Terminals and conductors
- Soldering of THT components
- Soldering of SMD components
- Cleaning of the electronic assemblies
- Requirements for circuit boards
- Conformal coating and encapsulation
- Rework and repair
- The final test
All the trainees, upon successful passing of the tests, obtain a certificate from Realtime Technologies certifying their completion of training in IPC standard IPC-J-STD-001 with validity for 1 year.